This three-day online training course focusses on Healthcare Information Exchange (HIE) using standards. Most of these international standards are based on IHE (Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise). As an standards development organisation IHE develops profiles for sharing electronic medical documents and images. During this training course we’ll discuss XDS(i) and related profiles for successful use within Healthcare Information Exchanges. These cover topics such as: patient consent, authentication and new profile developments using HL7 FHIR.
Hands-on experience is gained using simulation tools for submitting documents and images and retrieving them. Furthermore, examples and best practices from different projects will be shared. Approximately 1 hour per day is reserved for homework assignments, discussed at the start of the next day.
After this training course you will be able to:
- Explain the advantages of IHE-XDS(i) and related profiles to others.
- Describe the importance and essence of:
Documents and metadata
Access control and authentication.
- Use tooling for submitting and retrieving documents and images in a simulated Healthcare Information Exchange.
- Write down the highlights on privacy and security within Healthcare Information Exchanges.
- Connect the most important XDS related profiles within Healthcare Information Exchanges.
- Find your way around general and technical IHE documentation.
- Translate mobile IHE profiles based on HL7 FHIR to existing Healthcare Information Exchange infrastructure.
This training course sets out the (technical) base for professionals that are (considering) implementing, designing, developing or supporting systems for healthcare information exchanges. It is therefore of interest to project leaders, (PACS/VNA) administrators and professionals, integration specialists and vendors working on healthcare information exchange systems (using XDS).
Participants should have basic knowledge on workflows in health care. Also, it is recommended to have basic knowledge on XML, Web-services, DICOM and HL7.
For the exercises you’ll have to use a PC or laptop (Windows or Mac, no Chromebooks) with administrator rights. For interaction with the tutors and other participants, a headphone with microphone and webcam is required.
Healthcare Information Exchange, HIE, IHE XDS, XDS-I, document metadata, patient consent, BPPC, authentication, XUA, HL7 FHIR, lifecycle management, enterprise image management.
- Introduction to IHE
- Profiles overview: XDS, XDS-I, DSUB, ATNA
- Introduction into XDS metadata
- Submit steps
- Homework assignments
- Discuss homework assignments day 1
- Access control (BPPC)
- Introduction KOS, imaging
- User authentication (XUA)
- Query steps
- Example project 1 and lessons learned
- Homework assignments
- Discuss homework assignments day 2
- Change workflow overview
- Cross Community Access: XCA and XCPD
- On Demand Documents
- Example project 2 and lessons learned
- Mobile health documents: MHD and mXDE and QEDm
- Overall summary
You can register by clicking the button 'register' and completing the form. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing further information. The invoice will be sent to you directly via email. Payment is due before the online training course takes place.
The fee for participation is €1195,- ex VAT per person. This includes access to the digital course folder.
Start time: from 10.00 to approximately 15.30 CET.
You purchase a single "seat" which means that you should not share the invite for the meeting with others. If you wish to have several participants, you can order additional seats.
Approximately a week before the online training course you’ll receive a dial in link for the virtual classroom. We will be using Zoom.
You’ll also receive an invitation for a 5-minute appointment scheduled several days prior to the training course, to get acquainted and test technicalities such as internet connection, audio and video.
You can cancel in writing (email) until 8 days before the start of the training course. After this date you will be charged the full course fee.