The use of digital pathology has increased dramatically in recent years and this growth is sure to continue in years to come. As a result, IT specialists who are active in this area are expected to possess increasing levels of knowledge and expertise, not only regarding digital pathology but also about many IT-aspects. Pathology is a broad discipline involving a variety of laboratory techniques, microscopy and reporting. In addition, consultations, revisions and panel discussions take place. IT is capable of providing support for all of these processes. The increasing capabilities and requirements of users are demonstrated by the complexity of the IT environment and the need to have knowledge of, for example, exchange standards. Furthermore, when drafting policies, it is now essential to take account of requirements with regard to IT, for example regarding data storage. The move to digital pathology will have a particularly large impact here.
During this training course we will elaborate on the various issues surrounding digital pathology and especially the IT aspects in the pathology department, looking at digital pathology in particular. We will demonstrate which information systems have a role to play, how they can be made to work together, for example through the use of international standards such as HL7, DICOM and XDS and their practical usability. Also we will cover which issues are involved in the implementation of digital pathology, with the help of our experience in other medical disciplines like radiology.
- Persons involved in IT in the field of pathology
- Persons interested in digital pathology
- Lab managers with an IT portfolio
- Suppliers of pathology software and equipment
- Attendees of previous MedicalPHIT conferences on the subject of digital pathology.
Our experienced trainers have a great deal of experience with pathology, as well as with other disciplines, which enables them to assemble a broad programme.
This training course will be in English when there are international participants!
The programme roughly contains the following subjects:
- The added value of digital pathology
- Introduction IHE as a basis for interoperability
- Workflows in pathology according to IHE
- Procurement of scanners and information systems
- Digital Pathology Architecture, impact on the environment
- Exchange of digital slides and reports in the Netherlands using international Healthcare IT standards: project PIE (Pathology Image Exchange) and lab2lab
- Programme of Requirements Digital Pathology, discussion
Besides presentations on the above mentioned subjects, there will be time for excersise and discussion.
You can register by clicking on the ‘registration’ button below and filling in your details. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing further information. We will send you an invoice by post. This must be paid before the course starts. We require a minimum of ten participants in order to proceed with this training course.
The fee for participation is € 695 (excl VAT) per person. This includes coffee/tea, lunch and a digital course folder.
Early Bird rate
If you register up to 4 weeks before the course, we will offer you a € 100 discount on the course fee.
You can cancel in writing up to 8 days prior to the start of the course. After this date, we will have to charge the full costs of the course.